- How do I sign up?
- I forgot my password. How do I reset it?
- What is an invoice ID?
- What is an order ID?
- What are Delivery options?
- What are Pick-up options?
- What are the different order statuses and what do they meant?
- Will I be charged any fees for my rental request?
- How do I check my order statuses?
- How do I make a credit/debit card payment?
- Are the credit/debit card payments safe?
- How do I know that my online payment is secure?
- Can I cancel my rental and get a refund?
- My rental is not what was advertised, what am I supposed to do?
- The equipment condition has significant discrepancies from what was stated in the description and damage report. Am I able to get a refund?
- What is the process for damages that occur to equipment during my rental?
- How do I sign up as a lender?
- How do I lend something on YBuy?
- How do I create a listing?
- Why can’t I log in to my lender dashboard?
- How do I edit my listing information?
- Can I add a few delivery addresses, delivery options and pick-up locations?
- What does the 'Available For Rent' button do?
- Why can’t I find the right category for my item?
- How do I keep track of my rentals?
- How can I keep track of the rental requests that I receive?
- What do the different order statuses mean?
- Are there any subscription fees or listing fees on YBuy?
- How do I receive my Payout/Payment?
- The payment processor states that a transfer has been submitted, but I have not received the money in my bank account yet. What is going on?
- What items are prohibited on YBuy?
- Why is my rental deleted/banned?
- Do you offer insurance?
1. Paid – after you have successfully made a payment, the marketplace will automatically create an invoice ID and order ID and tag each item order status as paid.
2. Ready for pick-up – after the lender has prepared the equipment, they can change the item’s order status to “Ready for pick-up”. The marketplace will automatically send an email to inform you to pick-up the equipment at the selected pick-up location.
3. Completed – once you have picked-up the equipment, the lender will set the item’s order status to “Completed”.
4. Refunded – the lender will set the item’s order status to “Refunded” when they have made a refund to you.
For delivery, the order statuses are:
1. Paid – after you have successfully make a payment, the marketplace will automatically create an invoice ID and order ID and tag each equipment rental request status as paid.
2. Delivered – after the lender has delivered the equipment, they will set the item’s order status to “Delivered”. The marketplace will automatically send an email to inform you that the equipment is on its way.
3. Refunded– the lender will set the item’s order status to “Refunded” when they have made a refund to the buyer.
1. Sign up by using your email, Facebook, or Google+ account if you have not yet registered
2. Input your profile details (if a field is left blank, it will be outlined in red and you will be unable to continue)
3. Link with your payment account (this is the account where you will receive your rental income)
4. Add your delivery options and/or your preferred pick-up location
5. Click save
Congratulations, you are now a seller on YBuy and can start uploading your first listing.
1. Upload the items that you want to lend. Set your price, category and choose the delivery methods/pick-up locations for this item
2. Be informed immediately when someone has purchased your item
3. Payment made by the renter, minus the transaction commission to YBuy, will be transferred to you immediately
4. Fulfill your order and update your renters on the latest status using our rental request management system
5. Get useful business insights such as your sales history, best-selling rentals and other analytics to optimize your business
- We require that you provide a picture of a valid drivers license and registration for your equipment prior to us allowing it on the platform. An email will be sent requesting this information. We will not allow transactions for equipment until you have been verified through our customer success team.
2. Choose the item you want to edit, and click on the pencil icon.
3. You will be redirected to your specific listing’s details page.
4. From there, you may edit any details you would like.
5. Once you are happy with the new details, click "Next" until you reach “Save” and your edits will be reflected.
If you add more than one delivery options and/or your pick-up locations, the renter has the choice of selecting their preferred option when purchasing an item from you. You can always add more delivery options or pick-up locations by first navigating to your user settings through you profile’s drop down bar before clicking on the “Delivery methods” tab. Alternatively, you can add new options whenever you are uploading items onto YBuy.
Anytime you have completed a certain action to fulfill the order, you can change the order status by clicking on the drop down bar. In the event that you are fulfilling multiple orders at the same time, you can also mass update the order statuses. Simply check the boxes of the relevant orders and click on the “Change Status” button.
1. Paid – after the buyer has successfully made a payment, an invoice ID and order ID would automatically be created and each item order status would be tagged as paid.
2. Ready for pick-up – after you have picked and packed, you can change the item’s order status to “Ready for pick-up”. The buyer will receive an email notification to remind him to pick-up his item at his selected pick-up location.
3. Completed – once the buyer has picked-up his item, you can set the item’s order status to “Completed”.
4. Refunded – you can set the item’s order status to “Refunded” when you have made a refund to the buyer.
For delivery, the order statuses are:
1. Paid – after the buyer has successfully make a payment, an invoice ID and order ID would be automatically created, and each item order status would be tagged as paid.
2. Delivered – after you have shipped/couriered/delivered the item, you can set the item’s order status to “Delivered”. The buyer will then receive an email notification that his item is on its way.
3. Refunded– you can set the item order status to “Refunded” when you have made a refund to the buyer.
YBuy requires all lenders and users to abide by the laws of the jurisdictions in which you are operating. Especially in lending equipment such as motorcycles or other equipment where specific licensing is required. We will assist in attaining this information from renters when a request is made, however it is ultimately at the discretion of the lender to cancel a transaction when sufficient information has not been provided.
YBuy does not allow any listing that through images or descriptions facilitate or promote illegal acts when applied under a specific context.
YBuy expects all users to only list items that are legal. All items must not present legal risks to our community, be inconsistent with YBuy values or harmful to our members.
At this time we do not have an insurance product available. It is the responsibility of the unit owner to ensure the proper insurance is in place for a rented unit. We are working on an insurance policy, and aim to have coverage available by the end of 2021